Member Services Representatives provide a full range of services to members including: responding to members’ enquiries, analysing needs, assisting members with products/services, cross-offer credit union products, and process member transactions and requests.
- Provide courteous service to members, striving to increase member satisfaction.
- Promote Pathwise products and services by identifying member needs and offering a full range of financial services, investments, promoting sales and basic loan services.
- Provide assistance to members by opening memberships, accounts, answering questions, and servicing members’ requests for deposits, withdrawals and transfers.
- Identify and fulfil member’s financial service’s needs; cashes or certifies cheques, receives bill payments, orders cheques, buys/sells foreign currency, processes statements, sells travellers cheques, personal money orders and travel insurance, processes RRSP, term deposit, Investment Shares, GIC, TFSAs, RRIF withdrawals, savings bond transactions, accepts credit cards applications, foreign notes transactions, and all electronic channels.
- Filing and verifying member account documentation and audit membership files as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Able to be flexible, organize and plan work in order to deal with deadlines and peak periods.
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Excellent member service skills, effectively ascertain needs of member.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally, in writing and by e-mail.
- Requires a working knowledge of accounting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word and Excel (may be an in-basked assessment).
- Minimum education is a secondary school graduation diploma or equivalent, plus a minimum of one (1) year related work experience.
- Subject to extended hours as per Article 5:01 (b) of the Collective Agreement.
Candidates should submit their application, cover letter and resume to:
Attn: People and Culture
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line “accommodation”.